African Wildlife Photography
African Wildlife Photography is our passion, and the objectives for creating this website are:
- To share some of our images and experiences’ with everyone who loves African wildlife photography.
- Display some of our photos, that have just gathered dust for the last few years, to nature lovers.
- Initiate a Blog about African Wildlife Photography and to share our passion for African Wildlife photography, with other photographers local and abroad.
There are six categories of images being displayed:
- Wildlife– You will find animals like Lions, Leopards, Cheetah’s, Springbuck, Gemsbok, Blue Wildebeest, Meerkat, Brown Hyenas, Spotted Hyenas, etc.
- Birds –Images of raptors are mainly displayed. The most famous raptors in the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park, are the Bateleur. Some other birds to watch for are Tawny Eagle, Marshall Eagle, African Fish Eagle, and the biggest flying bird in South Africa, the Kori Bustard, and may more.
- Macro Photography – Images varies from Insects to Liquid Sculpture. A very colourful category and one of my personal favourites.
- Scape’s – Anything from Landscape, Seascape, Cityscape’s and HDR buildings all in and around Africa.
- Sport – Something that you do not see every day in sport images are Greyhound racing. Currently, Greyhound Dog races are illegal in South Africa. Legislation is not passed on this sport yet. There are no more Greyhound dog races that we are aware of. We were very lucky to take some photos during these races, before it was banned.
- Monochrome (Or more commonly known as” black & white” images) – We just love Black & White photography. There is also a discussion about the Vignette effect on Black & White photos on the blog.
You are welcome to browse through the images. Maybe this will encourage you to go and test your own photographic skills with wild life as well. If you have enjoyed viewing our images, then why not join us on some of the discussions on the Blog?
If you would like to start a new discussion, please let us know, and we would be happy to assist.
Here are some external links where you will find more of our photos:
Thank you for taking the time browsing our website!
You may use images from this website only for online use provided you clearly credit Fanie Heymans African Wildlife Photographer next to the image and link back to http://PhotoPixSA.co.za
If you want to use the photos commercially or for printing, please request a quote
If you are unsure about using any of this photos contact me via my eMail address
“Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography”. – George Eastman